Tsourounis, Candy, Pharm.D.
- Current Title(s):
- Medication Outcomes Center
- Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
- First Year on UCSF Faculty: 1997, 1995(WOS)
- Pharm.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1993
- Resident in Pharmacy Practice, University of California, San Francisco, 1993-94
- Resident in Drug Information, University of California, San Francisco, 1994-95
- Licentiate in Pharmacy, California, 1993
- Drug Information / Integrative and Complementary Therapies (Dietary Supplements)
University of California, San Francisco, School of Pharmacy
C-152, Box 0622, 521 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143-0622
Phone: (415) 502-5091, Fax: (415) 476-6632, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Candy Tsourounis is Professor of Clinical Pharmacy in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy in the School of Pharmacy at the University of California San Francisco. Dr. Tsourounis is involved in providing evidence-based reviews of recently approved prescription medications and performing medication utilization analyses in the Department's Medication Outcomes Center. Dr. Tsourounis has various areas of research interest including Drug Information, Consumer Self-Care and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Specifically, Dr. Tsourounisí research focuses on dietary supplements and drug-supplement interactions. Dr. Tsourounis is very involved in educating consumers and health professionals on the rational use of CAM therapies as well as prescription and non-prescription drug products. Dr. Tsourounis co-coordinates an evidence-based course in herbal remedies and dietary supplements. She has co-authored various book chapters on Herbs and Dietary Supplements for health care professionals. Dr. Tsourounis serves as a clinical consultant and editor for various drug information publications and computer software programs particularly in the area of herbal remedies and dietary supplements. She has coordinated various continuing education programs for national pharmacy societies on herbs and dietary supplements and has been asked to speak on this topic at both statewide and national educational programs.