To advance the precise, safe, and effective use of medicines to improve health through excellence in patient care, education, research, and public service
To change the face of pharmacy through innovations that improve health
Caring, integrity, diversity, collaboration, and excellence
- Provide innovative, interprofessional experiences to develop students and pharmacists as integral members of the health care team.
- Educate students and pharmacists to apply evidence-based approaches to practice.
- Develop students and pharmacists to become leaders in all practice settings.
- Provide educational programs to the public at large.
- Provide evidence-based care that optimizes medication use across all health care settings.
- Optimize health outcomes through partnerships with patients, caregivers, health care professionals, policy makers, and health plans.
- Ensure precise, safe, and effective therapy through secure and reliable medication prescribing, supply, and delivery systems.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge to advance patient care, medication safety, disease prevention and treatment, health care cost-effectiveness and quality, and pharmacy education.
- Apply new knowledge to develop, evaluate, and disseminate innovative health care delivery models, pharmacy education models, and health policy.
- Participate in local, state, national, and global health programs that promote and advocate health improvement, wellness, disease prevention and treatment, and access to health care.
- Serve as patient advocates, especially for underserved populations.
- Participate as active leaders of the University and the public at large.