This Web site (http://clinicalpharmacy.ucsf.edu) has been made more accessible to people with disabilities and to a wide range of devices for the Web in the following ways:
- Breadcrumb navigation shows each page's location relative to the site structure, which enables people using linear delivery user agents such as screen readers to: (a) form a mental picture of the site structure and (b) easily jump higher in the same path.
- All images include alt tags to provide descriptions to user agents that don't support images or that have images turned off. All images with unimportant content and all images used as spacers for layout use a null string in the alt tag. All graphical bullets use an alt tag of "Item: " or are rendered using list-style-image cascading style sheets (CSS) properties.
- Most text on this site is displayed using relative rather than fixed font sizes, enabling you to select an appropriate size using the features of your user agent.
- Most text on this site is displayed with high contrast between the text foreground and background colors.
This site supports device independence to enable greater accessibility to a wider range of devices:
- Most pages in this site use heading tags correctly for structure rather than presentation.
- Most pages in this site use XHTML-compliant tags such as strong and em instead of deprecated tags such as b and i. For example, aural browsers use strong and em to change inflection when speaking.
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets to separate structure from presentation.
Validation and Compliance
- All pages in this site are validated against a validation service such as the W3C Markup Validation Service or the Web Design Group Validator to ensure compliance with W3C markup standards.
- This site aims to provide Level AAA compliance of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 provided by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- This site aims to provide full compliance of the Section 508 guidelines provided by the United States federal government.
- This site approaches or meets all 3 of these specifications for most pages, but does not yet claim full compliance for all pages at all levels.
This site currently provides many accessibility features, but it also has plenty of room for improvement. To further enhance the accessibility of this site, we plan to:
- Implement more accessibility support for data tables using id, headers, abbr, and scope attributes for td and th elements.
- Implement more CSS to further separate presentation from structure. (e.g., remove layout-only tables and spacer GIF images.)
- Ensure that all links make sense when read out of context to provide more support for user agents that provide a list of the page's links separated from the rest of the page's content.
- Implement more support for link title tags to provide more information about a link before you select it.
- Use PDF files secondarily as a "for printing only" accessory to content in XHTML pages rather than as the primary method of delivering content which originated as printed documents.
- Implement more support for abbr and acronym tags.
To send a comment, ask a question, report a problem, or suggest an overlooked improvement regarding the accessibility of this site, contact our Webmaster
Warning: include(../includes/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\www_clinicalpharmacy\Transpers\reference\index.php on line 147
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\www_clinicalpharmacy\Transpers\reference\index.php on line 147